When I need a bit of crunch, one of my healthiest ways to get it is to make Kale chips. While kale normally has a very strong flavor, even my 7 year old son took extra.
This is a great dish to serve as a side or as a meal in itself for meatless Monday.
- 1 c vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/3 c flour (I used AP but Gluten Free AP or quinoa flour would work as good GF substitutes)
- 1 c milk
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion
- extra virgin olive oil (just to coat the pan)
- 3/4 c quinoa
- 5 oz fresh baby kale (or spinach), rinced
- 2 c sweet potato (approximately 2), chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 c pesto (find pesto recipe/variations here)
- 1/2 c to 1 c shredded sharp cheddar