Whether you’re making a red velvet cake or a carrot cake, this cream cheese frosting makes the perfect topping for it.
- One 8 oz. brick of cream cheese, softened.
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- 4 t of milk (I use 1% milk but any kind will do.)
- 1 t vanilla
- 4 cups of confectioners sugar
- Mix the first four ingredients in a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer at a medium speed.
- Reducer mixer speed to low and add one cup of sugar at a time until blended.
- Spread on your cake of choice and enjoy!