- Naan (I like the Stonefire brand)
- Extra virgin olive oil (to brush on the naan)
- 2 cloves garlic, miced
- Sautéed or leftover grilled zucchini
- ½ cup cooked corn
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- Shaved Manchego cheese (or as an alternative, try mozzarella)
- Peccorino romano (optional)
I love the challenge of giving my leftovers a makeover. Not only does it make me feel great to not waste my leftovers but it’s also a time saver since most of food is already prepared.
For Memorial Day, I like to make a traditional barbecue of burgers/hot dogs and all the possible fixins (including sautéed mushroom, raw onion, tomatoes, cheese etc). But since I never learn my lesson on how much of the fixins to put out, I’m often left with a lot of raw onions, chopped tomatoes and sautéed mushrooms.
At first I thought I would make barbecue chicken pizza with caramelized onions but didn’t think the kids would go for that. However, since the hubby and I loved that idea, I boiled 2 chicken breasts for 20 minutes. Once cooked, I shredded them and set them aside. I separated them and put half the shredded pieces with BBQ sauce and left the other half plain. Continue reading