Cream of mushroom soup is one of my favorite soups. I made some modifications to my usual recipe since cream and sherry are not ok for the Whole 30. The outcome was great and the kids even requested it for tomorrow’s school lunch.
- 1T ghee (or evoo to coat the pan)
- ~2 lb mushrooms, quartered
- 3 small potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 oz dried porcini mushrooms (soaked in warm water for 10 min) and drained
- 5-6 c chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 1-2t Salt and 1t pepper, or to taste
- 1T chives (optional)
- In a stock pot or large sauce pan on med heat, add ghee
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat
- Once the mushrooms are tender, add potatoes, dried mushrooms, salt and peeper and stir to incorporate
- Add chicken stock (and additional salt and pepper if needed)
- Bring stock to a boil and then simmer for 30 min
- Optional: add chives before blending or after
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup, garnish with chives and enjoy!