My mom used to make me tortas with rice. Tortas have a lot of different meanings to a lot of different people but to us, it was similar to an omelet that had garlic, onion, ground beef, pepper, and a little soy sauce.
After the last event I hosted where I made mini bell peppers stuffed with taco filling, I had quite a bit of taco filling leftover. I decided to make tortas with it the next day. We enjoyed it so much that I now look forward to having leftovers from Taco Tuesday just so that I can make these tortas.
- ~6-7 eggs (this may change based on how much filling you have leftover
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (evoo) to coat the skillet
- ~1-1.5c Leftover ground beef filling from Taco Tuesday
- Heat a cast iron skillet on low heat
- While skillet is heating up, whisk eggs with salt and pepper
- Add desired amount of beef to egg mixture and stir to combine
- Once the skillet is hot, add evoo to coat the skillet
- Add a small ladle size portion of the egg beef mixture to the hot oil
- When the egg is brown and somewhat “flip-able,” flit and brown the other side
- Remove and add to a paper towel lined plate to absorb the extra oil
- Repeat and enjoy or store in the refrigerator