In preparing for our Whole 30 Day 1 lunch, I wanted to make tuna salad since we didn’t have leftovers that would have been Whole 30 compliant. I really didn’t feel like making mayo at 9pm so I decided to make this Mediterranean inspired tuna salad.
This will make enough for 2-3 salads and can be prepared a day in advance.
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 T red wine vinegar
- 1t dijon mustard
- 1/4t garlic powder
- 1/4t basil
- 1/4t oregano
- 1/4t parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 5oz cans of tuna in water, drained
- 1/4c celery, finely chopped
- 1/4c olives (black or Kalamata work great), chopped
- 1/2c grape tomatoes, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard and all the seasonings
- Add the tuna and celery to the bowl and mix to incorporate
- Add the olives and tomatoes and mix to incorporate
- Serve over lettuce or in a cucumber or red bell pepper cup.