My intent was to make turkey teriyaki meatballs over cauliflower rice. When that didn’t look like it was going to work out, I decided to scrap the meatballs and instead saute my turkey mess. Instead of serving it over cauliflower rice (that I would need to cook separately), I layered the riced cauliflower on top of my cooked turkey mixture and baked until heated through. Healthy, quick, one pot, and kids enjoyed it…Win!
- 1.5-2 lb ground turkey
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 3 slices fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 3T coconut aminos (alternatively liquid aminos or soy sauce if not gluten free/paleo)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced or a bag of fresh/frozen cauliflower rice
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Mix all ingredients except the cauliflower and oil
- Heat a large oven proof skillet on med/high heat and add oil
- Add the turkey mixture to the skillet and stir frequently
- Once the turkey is cooked through (approximately 8-10 min), turn off the heat
- Layer the riced cauliflower on top of the turkey mixture and place in the oven until the cauliflower is heated through and cooked to desired tenderness.
- Note: This can be prepared the day before and placed in the oven the day you want to eat it.