I made this chicken tonight for the first time and my 6 year old said “this is a keeper.”
I was worried the lime would be too strong but was pleasantly surprised that it was subtle enough for all of us.
I made it using soy sauce but cocoonut aminos could easily be used as a Paleo/Gluten free substitute.
I served it with fried brown rice (my favorite way to use leftover rice) and snow peas.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5T ginger, peeled/minced
- 2T avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 4T fresh lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
- 4T water
- 4T honey
- 6T soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 10 Legs (split into thighs and drumsticks)
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the sauce (garlic, ginger, oil, lime, water, honey, soy sauce)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- In a large oven safe skillet, lightly brown chicken on all sides (3-4 min) (You may need to work in batches)
- In the same skillet, return all chicken to pot and add the sauce, tossing the chicken to coat
- Place the skillet in the oven for 25 min or until chicken is cooked through (turn chicken midway through cook time)