These paleo chicken zucchini meatballs make for an easy, healthy weeknight dinner and are equally yummy as leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 2-3 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 small onion (or a large shallot or 3 scallions), finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2-3T packed fresh cilantro
- 1 zucchini, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Prepare all vegetables as noted above
- Drain out some of the liquid in the zucchini by placing all of the zucchini in a paper towel and squeezing (it is not necessary to remove all the liquid)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine
- Form the mixture into a ball or patty
- Place on a baking sheet lined with non stick foil
- Place meatballs/patties in the oven for 30 minutes (I used convection), turning after 20 minutes
- Remove from oven when the internal temperature reaches 165 F
Using 3 lbs of ground chicken, I was able to make 20-24 meatballs.
I like serving this with fresh avocado/guacamole and/or a cucumber/tomato salad mixed with extra virgin olive oil, cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.