We recently went peach picking with the kids and picked two huge bags of peaches. There was no way we were going to eat all of those peaches before they went bad if we just ate them as a snack out of the fridge. Therefore, I had to get a little creative in how to use them up. Enter peach bbq sauce. This BBQ sauce is very quick to make and does not use ketchup or added sugars.
I used this on a pork tenderloin but you could easily use this over any other type/cut of meat such as chicken or ribs.
- 4 bacon strips (I found Garrett Valley (Paleo) bacon at Fairway) or about 1 T of bacon fat
- 2 small shallots
- 2-3 very ripe peaches, pitted, chopped or sliced
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 t coconut aminos
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 t Chipotle powder
- 1/2 t smoked paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pork tenderloins
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Make Peach BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- In an oven safe dish on med/high heat, sear the pork on all sides
- Once seared, add a thin layer of water to the pan and brush the pork with BBQ sauce
- Place in oven for ~25-30 minutes or until done.
Peach BBQ Sauce
Note: You may choose to leave the bacon in the sauce or cook the bacon in advance using the bacon for another purpose (such as eating) and reserving the bacon fat.
If just using the bacon fat… I suggest baking the bacon in the oven on non-stick tin foil lined baking sheet at 400 F for about 20-25 min. Pour the bacon fat into a small heat safe container.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the bacon (or bacon fat, which is what I used in the picture above)
- Add the shallot and saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add the peaches and stir
- Add the remaining ingredients (other than the tenderloin) and stir
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Carefully, pour the contents into a blender (I highly recommend the Vitamix). Note: if using a high speed and powerful blender, you can choose to keep the bacon in the puree, otherwise remove the bacon before blending and discard or use for other purpose.