These Asian chicken patties are great on a bed of mixed baby greens and pickled cucumbers (recipe included) or as a sandwich. I’ve include a Paleo version but also noted non-Paleo alternatives.
- 2lb ground chicken
- 3T coconut aminos (or 3T soy sauce)
- 1 egg (use additional egg, if desired)
- 1 c almond flour (or breadcrumbs)
- 3 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 1 t sesame oil (sometimes I add an additional teaspoon)
- Oil to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and form into thin patties.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add a thin layer of oil.
- Brown chicken patties on each side (~5 min).
- If chicken is not cooked through, place patties in an oven safe dish and cook for ~5 min or until internal temperature is 165F.
Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- 1/2 c rice vinegar
- 1t salt
- 1.5 T coconut crystals (or sugar)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Mix all ingredients, except the cucumber, in a bowl.
- Once sugar/coconut crystals are dissolved, add cucumber and mix until all cucumber is coated.
- If time allows, these are best to sit for at least 30 min in the refrigerator before serving.