These muffins are a true guilt-free, gluten free, tasty treat! They use chickpeas and almond flour in place of regular flour and use very ripe bananas, dates and a little bit of honey, instead of sugar. These muffins are super moist. However, don’t be alarmed if they do not rise the same way a traditional muffin rises.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 4 eggs
- ~ 6 medjool dates, pitted and lightly chopped
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 t fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 c melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place all ingredients into the blender except the baking soda and optional toppings and puree.
- Once completely blended, stir in the baking soda until fully mixed in.
- Stir in pecans and/or chocolate chips into the batter or reserve as topping.
- Pour batter into muffin tin(s) lined with baking cups. Note: you can make these without the liners in a non-stick loaf pan but these muffins are very moist and may stick to the pan. Using the liners will also facilitate easy clean up.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 30 min or until done (toothpick should come out clean). Note: baking time will vary based size of muffins or loaf. Mini muffins should take about 18-20 min.