This is probably my kids’ favorite way to eat their spinach. Ok that may be an understatement…let me try again…When I make spinach this way, my kids actually eat all of their spinach first and then ask for more!
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes about 10-15 min to make start to finish.
- 10 to 12 oz fresh spinach
- 1/4 c milk (I use low-fat)
- 1T butter
- 3T pecorino romano cheese or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, boil or steam spinach until cooked through (stirring as needed) ~3-5 min
- Drain spinach of water
- Add milk and butter into saucepan on low/med heat until butter is melted
- Add spinach, salt and pepper and stir
- Add cheese and stir
- Using an immersion blender, blend until pureed (any other type of blender or food processor will work too)
Makes a great side dish to any meal!