I paired it with lemon asparagus risotto and the flavors worked very well together.
If you are making the Beurre Blanc sauce, you will want to start it in the last 5-10 min of your cooking time or you may need to reheat just before serving.
Note the general rule for serving fish is ½ lb per person.
- 2 filets of salmon, 1/2 lb each (preferably wild caught)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ t fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Place fish skin side down on a piece of foil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on fish
- Lightly pour lemon juice and pat the fresh dill on to the fish
- Seal up the foil packet so that the fish is completely enclosed
- Cook for ~15-20 min or until fish is cooked to ~125F.
- Top with Beurre blanc sauce (see recipe below) and serve.
Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 T butter +3 T butter (1/2 stick total)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1T fresh chives (chopped)
- Heat sauce pan on low-med heat and add oil
- Add shallot and 1 T of butter
- Add wine and let wine boil and reduce
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add 3 T of butter and cook until butter is melted.
- Stir in chives
- Pour over favorite seafood or chicken dish (I enjoyed it with the salmon recipe above and seared scallops)