- 2-3 cups cooked quinoa – Cook quinoa as directed on package (although I suggest substituting the water for chicken stock for optimal flavor) and let slightly cool
- ½ cucumber, cubed
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh chives, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 c Pecorino romano
- ¼ to ½ c crumbled feta (optional)
- In a large bowl (maybe even the one for serving) add the tomatoes and mix with a little salt (~ teaspoon). Let sit for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl add the garlic followed by the lemon juice. Add the parsley, chives, scallion, oil and salt/pepper. Set aside.
- Add the following to the bowl with the tomatoes in this order: cucumbers, quinoa, garlic/lemon dressing, and pecorino romano. Toss to combine.
- Add the desired amount of feta and enjoy.