Sauteed Shishito Peppers
- ~ 15 -20 shishito peppers, washed
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Sea salt
- Heat skillet with oil and sautée the shishito peppers for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Add the sea salt to taste and serve with Salbitxada sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of toasted almonds,
- 1 roasted pepper (or 1 cup jarred roasted pepper)
- 2 large tomatoes (boil whole until skin comes off and peel off skin)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons of sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (or 1/2 small lemon)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
Put all ingredients into a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
This can keep for 3 days and can be used as a dipping sauce for other courses such as steak or chicken.