This may be one of my favorite “leftover makeover” — that is, taking your leftovers and transforming them into something delicious. Every time I make sweet potatoes with dinner, I always end up with more baked sweet potato than needed and now it’s by design. I make these patties the night before work and bring them with me for lunch over a salad.
- 1 can tuna, drained (I prefer the low sodium soaked in water)
- 1 leftover sweet potato, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon of capers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Almond meal to bind (~1/4 c – 1/3 c)
- Mash/combine all ingredients and form into 4 patties.
- Heat a non stick/cast iron skillet/griddle and add olive oil to coat the pan.
- Cook patties about 5 minutes each side or until you’ve reached desired “doneness”.